If you are looking to advance your career in human resources, obtaining a certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) can give you a competitive edge. But with busy schedules and various responsibilities, attending traditional in-person classes may not be feasible for everyone. Fortunately, SHRM certification classes are now offered online, giving you the flexibility to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule.
The SHRM certification classes cover a wide range of topics such as human resource management, talent acquisition, employee relations, and compensation and benefits. These classes provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of various HR concepts and best practices. The online format of the classes allows for a personalized learning experience where learners can access training materials anytime, anywhere. Plus, the classes are taught by experienced HR professionals who share real-world examples and practical insights to help learners apply what they have learned in their own workplaces.
What Are SHRM Certification Classes Online?
SHRM certification classes online are courses that provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to earn a certification from the Society for Human Resource Management.
Benefits of Taking SHRM Certification Classes Online
Taking SHRM certification classes online offers flexibility, convenience, and access to expert knowledge and resources to prepare for the certification exam.
What is SHRM Certification?
SHRM certification is an internationally recognized credential offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The aim of the certification is to recognize HR professionals who have demonstrated excellence in the HR field. The SHRM certification program is designed to provide HR professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
Getting certified will help HR professionals stay abreast of current trends and changes in the field. The certification demonstrates that the holder has the skills and knowledge required to manage and develop the HR function in their organization. The certification is open to HR professionals of all levels, including those who are just starting out in the field.
Why Should You Get SHRM Certified?
SHRM certification is a highly valued credential that can help you take the next step in your HR career. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider getting SHRM certified:
- Recognition: SHRM certification is recognized globally as a mark of excellence in the HR field.
- Career Advancement: SHRM certification can help you advance your career by providing you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in HR.
- Increased Credibility: SHRM certification demonstrates to your employer and colleagues that you have the skills and knowledge required to excel in HR.
- Professional Development: SHRM certification provides ongoing professional development opportunities that can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes in the field.
The Benefits of SHRM Certification Classes Online
Taking SHRM certification classes online has many benefits. Here are some of them:
- Flexible Schedules: Online classes allow you to study at your own pace and at a time that is convenient for you.
- Cost-Effective: Online classes are often less expensive than traditional classroom-based courses.
- No Travel Required: Online classes eliminate the need to travel to attend classes, saving you time and money.
- Access to Resources: Online classes often provide access to a wide range of resources, such as videos, webinars, and online forums.
- Interactive Learning: Online classes often use interactive tools, such as quizzes and simulations, to help reinforce learning.
What to Expect from SHRM Certification Classes Online
SHRM certification classes online cover a range of topics related to HR, including employment law, organizational development, and talent management. The classes are designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in HR and pass the SHRM certification exam.
Here are some of the things you can expect from SHRM certification classes online:
- Comprehensive Coverage: SHRM certification classes online cover all the topics you need to know to become certified.
- Engaging Content: Online classes often use a range of teaching methods, such as videos and quizzes, to keep you engaged and motivated.
- Expert Instructors: Online classes are often taught by experienced HR professionals who can provide real-world insights and examples.
- Interactive Learning: Online classes often provide opportunities for interactive learning, such as group discussions and projects.
- Practice Exams: Online classes often include practice exams to help you prepare for the certification exam.
How to Choose the Best SHRM Certification Classes Online
With so many SHRM certification classes online, it can be challenging to choose the best one. Here are some factors to consider when choosing SHRM certification classes online:
- Accreditation: Choose an online program that is accredited by a recognized accrediting body, such as the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Cost: Consider the cost of the program and whether it offers value for money.
- Content: Choose a program that covers all the topics you need to know to pass the certification exam.
- Delivery Format: Consider the delivery format of the program, whether it is self-paced or instructor-led.
- Reviews: Read reviews and feedback from previous students to get an idea of the quality of the program.
SHRM certification is a highly valued credential that can help you advance your career in HR. Taking SHRM certification classes online is an excellent way to prepare for the certification exam. The benefits of online classes include flexible schedules, cost-effectiveness, and access to resources and interactive learning tools. When choosing SHRM certification classes online, consider factors such as accreditation, cost, content, delivery format, and reviews.
Investing in SHRM certification classes online is an investment in your career. If you are an HR professional looking to take the next step, getting SHRM certified could be the right choice for you.
1. What is SHRM Certification?
SHRM Certification is an online certification program provided by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). It is a globally recognized certification program designed to help human resource professionals enhance their knowledge, skills, and competencies in the HR field. It offers two certifications which are the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
2. What are the requirements for SHRM Certification?
For SHRM Certification, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and you must have worked in a human resource role for at least three years for the SHRM-CP or at least six years for the SHRM-SCP. If you do not have a degree, you need to have worked in HR for at least five years for the SHRM-CP and at least seven years for the SHRM-SCP. You also need to pass a certification exam after completing the SHRM Certification course.
3. Are SHRM Certification classes online?
Yes, SHRM Certification classes are available online. The SHRM Certification course is available through a variety of delivery options, including online, virtual, and in-person classes. Online classes are a popular option, as they allow students to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule.
4. How much does SHRM Certification cost?
The cost of SHRM Certification varies depending on the type of membership you have, your location, and the type of certification you are pursuing. The cost of the SHRM-CP exam is $415 for members and $525 for non-members, while the SHRM-SCP exam is $495 for members and $595 for non-members. Additional fees may apply for study materials and classes.
5. How long does it take to complete SHRM Certification?
The length of time it takes to complete SHRM Certification varies depending on a number of factors, including the delivery option you choose, your prior experience in the field, and the amount of time you are able to devote to studying. Typically, the SHRM Certification course can be completed in about six months.
6. How difficult is the SHRM Certification exam?
The SHRM Certification exam is known to be challenging, and it requires a lot of preparation and study. The exam consists of 160 multiple-choice questions and takes four hours to complete. However, with the right study materials and dedication, most people are able to pass the exam on their first attempt.
7. What are the benefits of obtaining SHRM Certification?
SHRM Certification offers a number of benefits to human resource professionals, including increased knowledge and skills in the HR field, improved job opportunities, and a boost to one’s professional credibility. Holding SHRM Certification can also lead to increased pay and recognition in the workplace.
8. Can I get a refund for SHRM Certification?
The SHRM Certification exam fee is nonrefundable, regardless of whether you pass or fail the exam. However, if you are unable to take the exam due to unforeseeable circumstances, such as a medical emergency or a family emergency, you may be able to reschedule the exam for a later date without penalty.
9. How do I maintain my SHRM Certification?
To maintain your SHRM Certification, you must earn 60 professional development credits (PDCs) every three years. PDCs can be earned through a variety of activities, including attending conferences, taking courses, participating in webinars, and volunteering in the HR field. Once you have earned your PDCs, you must report them to SHRM to maintain your certification.
10. Can I pursue SHRM Certification if I am not currently working in an HR role?
Yes, you can pursue SHRM Certification even if you are not currently working in an HR role. However, you must have worked in an HR role for the required number of years (three years for the SHRM-CP or six years for the SHRM-SCP) in the past. If you do not have the required work experience, you may be eligible to take the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course instead.